DataLoad Community Forum Index DataLoad Community

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unable to record

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Forms Playback Support (.fld files)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mohan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:37 pm    Post subject: Unable to record Reply with quote

Hello,

We are using Professional version for E-Business Suite 11.5.10.2 and need some help as we are not able to record.

I sent an email to support and haven't heard since last Friday so posting.

1) User profile value is set to "http://dev.domain.com:8004/dev60cgi/ifcgi60.exe?record=reviews.fld’"
2) I had the DBA change the permission on directory to 777.
3) I logged from E-Business Suite homepage.
4) I created two records
5) It doesn't even create a file in the directory.

I went thought the dos and dont's and the Rules on your site and still no luck. Am I missing something?

Any help is appreciated.
Thank you
Mohan
DataLoad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mohan,

What version of Oracle Forms is used on your system - you can find this in Help->About Oracle Applications from within the core forms?

Also, which directory did you check for the recorded file? Please check both of the following on your forms server:

$FORMS60_TRACE_PATH
$ORACLE_HOME/forms60/log (this is the Oracle 8.0.6 OH)

Finally, does you system use multiple load balanced application servers?

Thanks,

Jonathan Stuart
mohan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject: Now playback doesn't work Reply with quote

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for the suggestion. The record fiel is in OHOME.

But now I am having a problem with playback. Soon after Application starts it exits with no message.

To answer your question: We use Load Balance application servers only in Production. Do we have to do something special for this in production?

Thank You
Mohan

[quote="DataLoad"]Mohan,

What version of Oracle Forms is used on your system - you can find this in Help->About Oracle Applications from within the core forms?

Also, which directory did you check for the recorded file? Please check both of the following on your forms server:

$FORMS60_TRACE_PATH
$ORACLE_HOME/forms60/log (this is the Oracle 8.0.6 OH)

Finally, does you system use multiple load balanced application servers?

Thanks,

Jonathan Stuart[/quote]
DataLoad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mohan

Take a look at the information at the bottom of the following web page for information about load balanced systems:

http://www.dataload.com/help/recplay/setupadv.htm#loadbal

If your load is still unexpectedly exiting then try re-recording the load or record a load in a different form - at this stage don't worry too much what the load is doing, so keep it simple, because it is worth proving that the end-to-end process works.

Thanks,

Jonathan
mohan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jonathan,

Since we are load balanced servers, I moved our testing to an instance where we are load balanced also as in Production.

Record is still happening fine.

Playback is not exiting the application now but it goes to the navigator and not to the form menu that we need to enter data.

Any suggestions?
Mohan
mohan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any suggestions Jonathan? We really haven't been able to use the tool since we bought it about 3 weeks ago.
DataLoad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mohan,

Does the load just stop at the Navigator or does the form open? Also, when the load stops does Oracle hang or is it still usable?

Some R12 systems have an issue where the form won't open and the workaround for this is to close and re-open the form when it first opens when the load is recorded. See the third bullet on the following page for more details:

http://www.dataload.com/help/recplay/create1.htm

If you didn't do this then please re-record your load, closing and re-opening the form as suggested, and try the playback again. What happens this time?

If the problem persists then please try a load in other forms. Does the problem occur there too or is this specific to one form?

Finally, please let me have the ICX: Forms Launcher profile option value at user level for your playback user and also please email us a copy of your load file.

Thanks,

Jonathan
mohan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonathan,

We will try your suggestions and get back to you.

Mohan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DataLoad Community Forum Index -> Forms Playback Support (.fld files) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: